During the ages of 4-5, children are continuing to learn about themselves, and their feelings. They have a growing vocabulary, and are ever more creative and imaginative. Our curriculum uses an integrated approach to learning that supports each child’s interests, abilities, talents and culture. The Pre-K program has been created to provide daily hands-on exploration of materials to foster your child’s learning experience and understanding of their world. Our Pre-kindergarten program is designed to provide experiences for developing skills in:
- Gaining confidence in self-sufficiency in a classroom environment.
- Gaining confidence in following a classroom routine.
- Pre reading foundations: upper and lower case letter recognition, letter/sound correspondence, left to right progression
- Math concepts: patterning, one-to one correspondence, geometry, number recognition 1-20, ordinal numbers
- Writing skills: letter formation, spacing, left to right progression, proper pencil grip
- Recognizing and writing first and last name
- Social interaction and peer negotiations
- Fostering Independence in self-help skills such as, packing/unpacking backpack, zipping coat
- Problem solving
Some learning activities that will be offered to your child during our mornings at TBA are:
- Daily Calendar/Circle time
- Letter of the week: letter books, whiteboard practice, show and share, letter/sound
- Number books and activities
- Art projects that involve tracing, cutting, coloring, painting
- Monthly chapel with Pastor Nancy
- Story Time
- Monthly Praise and Play class with Mrs. Shaw
- Thematic units
- Character Counts
- Daily opportunities in art, music and play
Jennifer Reed is a certified teacher with a BS in Elementary Education from Clarion University of Pa. She has worked at TBA as a kindergarten and pre-k teacher for 9 years and also teaches kindergarten enrichment. Jen and her husband Scot live in Doylestown with their 2 children, Kristin and Matt. She enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling and cooking.
Educational Director Pre-Kindergarten Teacher
Alison is a certified teacher with a M.Ed from Saint Josephs Univeristy with a Reading Specialitst Certification. She started here at TBA many years ago when her three children attended as a preschool three's teacher. After staying home with her kids, she returned to TBA as the Educational Director and preschool three's teacher in 2018. She is excited to be back at her home away from home. She lives in Buckingham, PA with her husband Jason and three children, Megan, Dylan and Sarah, and two dogs, Chase and Charlie.
Preschool three's Assistant
The Four’s: Sea Turtles & Dolphins
Enrollment cut off: 4 years of age by Sept. 1
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Class Size: 12
Ratio: One certified teacher and aide to 12 students
Number of Classes: 2