During the ages of 4-5, children are continuing to learn about themselves, and their feelings. They have a growing vocabulary, and are ever more creative and imaginative. Our curriculum uses an integrated approach to learning that supports each child’s interests, abilities, talents and culture. The Pre-K program has been created to provide daily hands-on exploration of materials to foster your child’s learning experience and understanding of their world. Our Pre-kindergarten program is designed to provide experiences for developing skills in:
- Gaining confidence in self-sufficiency in a classroom environment.
- Gaining confidence in following a classroom routine.
- Pre reading foundations: upper and lower case letter recognition, letter/sound correspondence, left to right progression
- Math concepts: patterning, one-to one correspondence, geometry, number recognition 1-20, ordinal numbers
- Writing skills: letter formation, spacing, left to right progression, proper pencil grip
- Recognizing and writing first and last name
- Social interaction and peer negotiations
- Fostering Independence in self-help skills such as, packing/unpacking backpack, zipping coat
- Problem solving
Some learning activities that will be offered to your child during our mornings at TBA are:
- Daily Calendar/Circle time
- Letter of the week: letter books, whiteboard practice, show and share, letter/sound
- Number books and activities
- Art projects that involve tracing, cutting, coloring, painting
- Monthly chapel with Pastor Nancy
- Story Time
- Monthly Praise and Play class with Mrs. Shaw
- Thematic units
- Character Counts
- Daily opportunities in art, music and play
Pre-K Teacher and Kindergarten Enrichment
Jennifer Reed is a certified teacher with a BS in Elementary Education from Clarion University of Pa. She has worked at TBA as a kindergarten and pre-k teacher for 9 years and also teaches kindergarten enrichment. Jen and her husband Scot live in Doylestown with their 2 children, Kristin and Matt. She enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling and cooking.
Christine has a BS degree in Early Childhood/ Elementary Education from Rider University. She has worked at Germantown Academy in the childcare center for the past 4 years and is excited to begin work at TBA. Christine and her husband Chris live in Plumstead and have 3 children and 3 dogs. She loves to spend time with friends and family, reading, and travel.
Pre-K and Kindergarten Enrichment Assistant
The Four’s: Sea Turtles & Dolphins
Enrollment cut off: 4 years of age by Sept. 1
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Class Size: 12
Ratio: One certified teacher and aide to 12 students
Number of Classes: 2